My name is Kohei Hosono. I am a master’s student majoring in computer science, and in Network Information Systems Laboratory (Sato Lab). My research interests include networking for automated vehicles, especially dynamic map and edge computing.
Until last year, I worked part-time as a web developer at WEB KYOTO, and I still develop web applications as an intern or as a hobby. Currently, I am working as a research assistant in Dependable Dynamic Map 2.0 Consortium, a joint research project with several companies.
(2020.4 - Present)
MEng, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Information Engineering
(2016.4 - 2020.3)
BEng, Department of Information Systems Design, Faculty of Science and Technology
(2020.4 - Present)
Joined a project to conduct research and development for the operation and high reliability of the Dynamic Map 2.0 Platform, and I am engaged in evaluation experiments and external presentations.
(2019.4 - 2020.3)
Participated in a project to conduct research and development on a dynamic map software platform for the realization of automated driving, and engaged in the development of the Dynamic Map 2.0 Platform and evaluation experiments.
- Nomura Research Institute, Ltd., Application Engineer
- Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting LLC, Digital Consultant
- Nintendo Co., Ltd., Software Engineer
- Deloitte Tohmatsu Cyber LLC, Cyber Security Consultant
- Accenture Japan Ltd,, Software Engineer
- PwC Consulting LLC, Technology Consultant
- NTT DOCOMO, INC., Engineer
- Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd., Customer Support Engineer
- The Japan Research Institute, Limited,, Application Engineer
Dynamic Map Platform for Cooperative Automated Vehicles with Edge Servers
In recent years, connected autonomous vehicles have been significantly studied. Connected vehicles use a variety of sensors, capable of sensing their environment. The dynamic map is a common integration platform, thus, incorporates the real-time traffic information into high accuracy 3D map. Due to this unique mechanism, a dynamic map attracts remarkable attention to some applications. However, the increase in traffic volume using a dynamic map platform, in case of overload in the client requests and responding by a single cloud, triggered to increase in the communication time and mislaid the data packets. Therefore, there is a need for a sustainable communication network. as a solution to this problem, in this study, we proposed the multiple interconnected distributed edge, geographically. Also, it is a problem to relate the moving vehicles to the edge servers and to coordinate between the edge servers. Therefore, I am researching a dynamic map that divides an area on the roadway into Lane Sections and assigns edge servers using the IDs based on these sections.
- Kohei Hosono, Akihiko Maki, Yosuke Watanabe, Hiroaki Takada, Kenya Sato, "Implementation and Evaluation of Load Balancing Mechanism with Multiple Edge Server Cooperation for Dynamic Map System", IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (Impact Factor: 6.319, H-index: 132), doi:10.1109/TITS.2021.3067909, 2021. [paper]
- 細野 航平, 槇 晶彦, 渡辺 陽介, 高田 広章, 佐藤 健哉, "車線分割に基づきエッジサーバを配置したダイナミックマップシステムのスケーラビリティ向上", 情報処理学会論文誌, vol.62, no.5, pp.1261-1274, May 2021. [paper]
- Kohei Hosono, Akihiko Maki, Yosuke Watanabe, Hiroaki Takada, Kenya Sato, "Implementation and Evaluation of Priority Processing by Controlling Transmission Interval Considering Traffic Environment in a Dynamic Map", The Ninth International Conference on Advances in Vehicular Systems, Technologies and Applications, VEHICULAR 2020 (Acceptance rate: 28%), October 2020. [paper]
- Fundamental Information Technology Engineer Examination, Information-technology Promotion Agency, 2021.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, Amazon Web Services Training and Certification, 2021. [Badge]
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Amazon Web Services Training and Certification, 2020. [Badge]
Open Lab Special Application
As COVID-19, we developed our laboratory open labs fully reservation-based and developed and released a reservation application. [GitHub]
Laboratory Monitoring App
We developed an application that can monitor the presence information of a laboratory in real time. For the front-end, we created a PWA-compatible application in nuxt.js, and for the back-end, we created a Node.js function on AWS Lambda to create a REST API server. [GitHub]